Current Employment Openings
Customer Service and Administrative Assistant
The Analysis Factor, LLC
Are you excited to work closely with a small team in a growing company that cares deeply about improving the lives of our customers and impacting the world through them?
• Access: We are here for the underserved, individual researcher.
• Conscientiousness: We believe data analysis done well and with integrity improves the world.
• Learning: There is always more to learn, and we are both learners and teachers at heart.
• Financial Responsibility: As we grow, we are conscientious of the stability of our livelihoods, the company, and the ongoing services to the customer.
• Practical Excellence: We understand the real challenges to getting good work done. We focus on the practical steps, understanding, and skills to get things done well.
• Work Life Balance: We focus and work closely together while at work, but it is important to us to enjoy life and have separation outside of work.
Sound like a team you want to be part of?
We are looking for a part-time Customer Service and Administrative Assistant to help us:
1. Provide customer support to our members, workshop participants, consulting clients, and fan club. You’ll be one of the first responders for all customer issues that come up. This could be anything from explaining how our membership works to a new customer, to helping out someone who can’t log in to their account.
This is a very people-oriented position, and you’ll enjoy feeling like you’re getting to help a lot of people who love us! (~5-15 hours/week)
2. Implement our online marketing and program delivery efforts. You’ll be taking the content created by our team and formatting it for our newsletters, blog posts, marketing emails, and web pages.
You’ll be assisting with quality control checks, maintenance and uploads, and other backend work important to delivering high quality programs.
There is opportunity for both increased hours and advancement in marketing and in program delivery, and we look forward to seeing you grow! (~5-15 hours/week)
• A people person and committed to great customer service and program delivery — you truly want to get to know and understand our customers. You’re eager to be in regular contact with our members and clients.
• Proactive. You seek help as needed. You don’t wait to be told the steps to solve problems or achieve goals and are quick to ask.
• A great communicator. You write clearly and speak well.
• Productive and independent, but still like working on a team.
• Excited to be part of a growing, successful venture and contribute to improving the world by helping clients perform high quality research and statistics.
• Someone who understands that everyone does a little bit of everything on a small team, and you’re happy to be flexible, cross-trained, and supportive.
Working with us, here are some of the things you have done recently:
In the customer support system, helped someone understand how our programs can help them.
Used our CRM software to edit, format, and send out our monthly newsletter to our 37,000+ subscribers.
Formatted two new blog posts in WordPress.
Double checked that all recent posts to the membership forum have replies and following up with our team on posts that still need a reply.
Helped a new customer log in to their membership, pay an invoice, or reschedule an appointment in our system.
Uploaded a video file to our server and double checked that the link to the video is working as intended.
Written and mailed a welcome card to a new subscriber to the membership program.
Created a project page for a new consulting client and followed up with them to ensure they have access.
Applications you’ll use often:
Hootsuite & Social Media Platforms
The Analysis Factor LLC is a growing statistical support company that is on a mission to make quality applied statistical support accessible and affordable. We empower our customers to do things they didn’t think they could, and above all else we love seeing their lightbulb moments when they finally get something. Our customers are graduate students, researchers in government, non-profits, marketing, academia, program evaluation companies, and more: anyone who gets their hands messy with data.
We offer a membership program, webinars and workshops, statistical consulting, a newsletter, and a blog.
When and where you’ll be working:
This is a fully remote position. There is an option for an in-office workspace if you are local to Ithaca, NY.
There is some flexibility for when you work. That said, our team meetings and live webinars are scheduled between 9am-5pm Eastern Time. We are looking for someone who can work 5 days a week.
This position is a 24-hour/week part-time position with the opportunity to increase in hours over time and grow into a full-time position. The pay is $17-22 per hour. Benefits include paid time off and retirement options.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to us at:
employment @ theanalysisfactor.com
Options for working with us
The Analysis Factor sometimes has openings for full and part-time employees. Check for current openings above.
We are always seeking new statistical trainers and consultants to work with us. Read more here.
You can check here for other Statistics related jobs in your area.
About Ithaca, NY
Ithaca is located in the heart of New York’s beautiful Finger Lakes region at the southern tip of the 40-mile long Cayuga Lake. Known widely for its natural beauty, its cultural attractions and as a hub for higher education and high-tech business, Ithaca is a small city that thrives in its diversity and its commitment to the community. Ithaca is 227 miles from New York City, 231 miles from Philadelphia, and 251 miles from Toronto.
The local slogan, “Ithaca is Gorges” refers to the 100+ gorges and waterfalls located within 10 miles of downtown. Along with the waterfalls, gorges and beautiful lakefront, the surrounding county offers access to 28,000 acres of public forestland for hiking, mountain biking, and outdoor recreation.
Recently, Ithaca NY has made the following national lists:
- Business Insider: “Best American Cities to Live in After the Pandemic” (September 2020)
- Thrillest Travel: “Best Small Cities in America to Visit for a Weekend” (October 2019)
- Forbes: “Top 10 American Cities for Family-Friendly Travel” (June 2019)
- Livability.com: “Top 100 Best Places to Live” (March 2019)
- The Guardian: “Best Towns and Small Cities in the US” (November 2018)
- USA Today: “Most Innovative Cities in the US” (November 2018)
- Architectural Digest: “The Prettiest Town in Every U.S. State” (July 2018)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Analysis Factor, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.