In this 8-part tutorial, you will learn how to get started using Stata for data preparation, analysis, and graphing. This tutorial will give you the skills to start using Stata on your own. You will need a license to Stata and to have it installed before you begin.
It’s perfect for people who:
- have never used Stata before
- need to refresh their Stata skills after not using it for while
- would like to learn Stata menus, syntax, or both
- would like a refresher of fundamental statistics and graphs, when to use them, and what they mean
- an overview of how Stata is organized, how to navigate options to customize your work, and use its key parts: the data, the output, and the syntax
- how to format, prepare, and work with data
- how to run one and two-variable statistical analyses
- how to create and edit one and two-variable graphs
By the end of the tutorial, you will be able to use Stata to conduct a variety of statistical analyses. You will understand enough of how SPSS works that you’ll be prepared to learn more advanced analyses.
Note: This training is a benefit to members of the Statistically Speaking Membership Program and part of the Stat’s Amore Trainings Series.
About the Instructor
Jeff Meyer is a statistical consultant with The Analysis Factor, a stats mentor for Statistically Speaking membership, and a workshop instructor. Read more about Jeff here.
You'll get access to this training webinar, 100+ other stats trainings, a pathway to work through the trainings that you need — plus the expert guidance you need to build statistical skill with live Q&A sessions and an ask-a-mentor forum.